Wednesday, December 17, 2008
On a more positive note, I am very excited that it's almost Christmas. It's so fun having kids who are so excited, it makes me all the more excited. I can't wait until Roger and Ashby are off work and school next week, I'm ready for some serious family togetherness!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Man I love this kid, look at that face!
I was so happy to get a fairly good picture of all the kids. I love it when older siblings hold the baby, it's so cute. I love all those faces!
I also took Luke to the doctor today for his two month check up. I can't believe how fast time flies. He was over 25 inches and weighed 12 lbs 12 oz. Does it ever get any easier to see your children get their shots?
Here's a video of Luke that I took last week. Mostly for the benefit of my mom, but it's very cute all the same!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
1. Having a chance to show appreciation to those around me that I love and that do so much for me throughout the year.
2. The way Christmas lights look inside your house when they are the only sources of light. I used to put lights in my window when I was a kid and I loved falling asleep to the soft light of Christmas lights.
3. Christmas makes me feel seriously crafty. I do so enjoy it. Why is it though that crafting can seem so expensive? Aren't homemade gifts supposed to be cheaper than store bought? I guess leave it to the wal-mart to make everything so cheap it's hard to outdo them (not that I have a problem with that, but still...)
4. Teaching my kids the value of doing something for others less fortunate than us. Christmas time is also a good time of year to tell my kids over and over again that no we don't NEED anymore toys and that we should be grateful for what we already have.
5. I really, really love Christmas movies. My favorite is definitely Elf. I laugh so hard every time I see it, it's so great!
6. Yep, I'm adding one more. It's my blog and I can do what I want... Having the chance for about a month to really think about the Savior and remember what he did for me, I don't remember often enough at other times of year.
I hope everyone will enjoy their holiday season. Happy Holidays!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Give up? That's because they are all alike. I never really thought that Ashby and Avery looked a lot alike as babies, but when you throw Luke in the mix, I sure can tell they all belong to us. Man I love these kids. And here's one more picture of Luke kind of smiling. He's a big kid huh?
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Here's October in quick review:
- Luke was born on Oct. 10th. He weighed in at 8 lbs 9 ounces. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he is now up to 10 lbs 4 ounces and he has grown an inch in three weeks. He is in the 97th percentile for height!
- Roger was off work the whole next week after Luke was born. We loved having him around (he will disagree, he hated playing Mr. Mom, but he did a great job!)
- My parents came to town the next week to meet the baby and reconnect with the girls. We again had a great time. The girls ran my mom ragged...it really wasn't much of a vacation was it mom?
- Ashby celebrated her 6th birthday while my parents were here. She also lost her fourth tooth, luckily right before school pictures. She wanted to go bowling for her birthday and I'm happy to report she came in second out of five in our first game. Ashby was so excited to celebrate her birthday while my mom and dad were here, it meant so much to her, thanks mom and dad.
- We had some fantastic Halloween fun. Avery dressed up as Dorothy and Ashby as a clown. They both had the opportunity to wear their costumes to several functions. They raked in some serious loot while trick-or-treating. Unfortunately because I was checked out of life, I didn't do some of the traditional fall things that I love to do. We didn't even carve pumpkins (all you mandated court reporters, please spare us...)
Now for the heap of pictures.
Ashby with her cake of choice. She always chooses Halloween stuff for her birthday, easy for me, but I wonder how much longer that will last.
Sweet six year old Ashby with her missing teeth.
Ashby and Avery bowling, yeah we don't know how to take pictures in a dark place, sorry.
We took a trip to the Carnegie Science Museum. Ashby bouncing her legs away.
Avery doing some serious construction work in the ball place.
Avery (not so sure about Luke), Luke and Ashby.
Monday, October 13, 2008
In other equally exciting news, Ashby lost another tooth. This time one of her two front ones. It actually is scaring me quite a bit because the one tooth that is left has kind of moved over to the middle and is also loose, so is just hanging there. It looks awful. Hopefully it comes out soon. We have school pictures on Thursday!
The girls seem to be adjusting well to the new baby. They love him and want to be where ever he is, I can't say I blame them. I am so happy and blessed. I love our sweet little family.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
*As a side note, I am still very much pregnant and unfortunately probably will be for quite sometime still.....
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Here's the after. I did a kind of antiquing technique that I learned from my sister. I know that this look definitely doesn't suit some people, so I'm not offended if you don't like it! The walls in the baby's room will be a blue gray and I think the dresser will look stellar in there. We have always used this dresser as a changing table, it works beautifully!
***If you were wondering, Roger did e-mail Dan Sheldon telling him he was a thief. He responded with as much sarcasm as Roger dished out. It was hilarious. Apparently the lack of full size Krackel bars is quite a concern.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
First soccer practice. Ashby had a great time participating in a circuit type practice. They practiced a lot of different skills, like passing, running, stopping the ball and of course scoring.
On our way to dance class. Avery did a wonderful job telling her teacher her name. She even remembered what her teacher's name was to tell Roger. I am particularly looking forward to watching dance class every week.
Before the first soccer game. Go Bears!! The format for the league Ashby is in is brilliant. They play 3 on 3, there's no goalie and there are only 5-6 kids on each team. The goal definitely is for everyone to play and for everyone to have fun. It was truly a joy to watch today. We loved it.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
I also wanted to thank everyone for the lovely comments on my last post. I do feel better about life and less anxious than I did. My sister-in-law Nancy helped me put everything in perspective. We love you Clarks and here's to happily ever after.
Holy Cow, look at all them kids. Picture was taken at a waterfall near the house we stayed at in West Virginia.
Holy Cow, look at all them kids again. This time at the talent show. They each have different animal puppets on their hands to demonstrate the story of Noah's Ark.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
We love summer!