Thursday, February 28, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Top five reasons we are looking forward to Roger finishing up his year end audits.
1. Bill and I will no longer be solely responsible for shoveling the walk and driveway. (Bill's our extremely nice neighbor who takes pity on me and shovels sometimes, not a secret boyfriend)
2. Roger will be here to take part in all the bingo that the girls love to play (not to mention all the Hi Ho Cherry-O, Chutes and Ladders, Memory...well you get the idea)
3. He will be here to defend himself when Avery accuses him of shoving chap stick in the end of a marker.
4. Ashby will hopefully stop asking me if daddy will be home to see them.
5. He will just plain be here. We can see his face, he can get some sleep and we can enjoy quality family time again. We miss you Rog and can't wait until you are finished. We love you!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
We also had a good time at the playplace. Ashby's all about having her picture taken!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I have, however enjoyed Valentine preparations this year. Ashby has been out of school because of snow yesterday and today. We made Valentine sugar cookies yesterday and it was pretty fun helping the girls get their Valentines ready for school and story time. We have also tried to start a new tradition. A couple of years ago when we lived in Utah, we wanted to go out to eat with our friends Jamie and Brittany. We went to three or four different restaurants but the wait at each was about 2 hours. None of us thought ahead to get reservations. We ended up getting take out and taking it back to our house. We took Ashby with us and since then I have wanted to do something special on Valentine's Day with the whole family. For us, our anniversary is when we want to get the baby sitter and go out. Last Friday we took the girls to Red Robin for dinner. We haven't gone there in a while and it was really fun. I will definitely look forward to doing something fun as a family for Valentine's Day in years to come.
Friday, February 8, 2008
playing games with family
Family Home Evening
macaroni and cheese
going to Lowe's
cleaning the toy room
people in costumes (mascots, the cow at Chick-fil-a, etc)
when Ashby goes to school
not getting her way
having her hair fixed
I think I'm supposed to tag someone else, but I don't want to put the pressure on, so if anyone wants to share what their kids love and hate, please do!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Here's the prentzels after a 10 minute trip to the oven. I wouldn't recommend using wax paper instead of parchment paper. We set the smoke alarm off because holy cow that paper smokes in the oven! They don't really look as good as they were do they?
Here's what happens when you make prentzels and don't do dishes all day. It's a good thing we have a big sink, it holds lots of dirty dishes!