Thursday, September 27, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Do you suffer from cantreadupsidedownitis? Roger and I both do. We figured it out as we have been reading bed time stories to the girls. They used to like to sit on our laps to read stories, but they are too big to both sit on one lap. Then they used to just sit by us, but they can't see very well for some reason. So now we have resorted to sitting down facing the kids and reading the story to them. The really bad part is that the story is upside down to the reader. Rog and I continually laugh at the other because it sounds like they are in 3rd grade trying to read in front of the class. We likened it to the above clip from this season of Last Comic Standing.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
No, not that kind, keep reading...
I was sorely tempted by cheese at Subway yesterday. I always know in the back of my mind that I should be eating better than I ever am. I had a friend tell me a few years ago that cutting out things like mayonaise and cheese can make a difference in your weight loss goals. I do firmly believe that cutting a few things out can help maintain body weight. Now I'm not dying to maintain my current body weight, but I'm certainly not looking to pack on more pounds. Every time I go to Subway, it's so hard for me to say no to the cheese. Why is it so good on sandwiches? I was thinking about this yesterday and it got me thinking about some of my other vices. Apparently cheese is one, mind you not in all it's forms. I can always say no cheeze whiz, especially on hot dogs (right boys?) I was a religious Dr. Pepper drinker until about a year ago. I made the switch to diet to save on the calories, but sugar will always be a vice. Sugar is really my biggest one, I can't say no to a sweet treat. So what do I do? I have little self control as was proven to me by the great cheese temptation. I always know better but can't convince myself that I do. Next week's goal will be to just say no to vices. How to do it, I don't know, but at least it's a goal. Any suggestions?
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
In my effort to become a unicorn, I have sprouted a rather impressive pimple right between my eyebrows. I'd had it about a week when I tried to pop it, gross I know. I told Roger how gross it was and he made the comment "well it's all downhill from here." My reply was "thanks a lot, you think I can be uglier than I am right now?" He got defensive and said that's not what it's all downhill from here means. I have always thought that it means things will be worse if they are all downhill from here. Roger thinks it means that things are getting easier if they are all downhill from here. So what do you think? When you normally use the phrase, what does it mean? I'm so curious what other people think about this. Please vote in the poll.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Friday, September 7, 2007
- Clean. In general I really don't like to do it.
- Clean the kids. They hate it, I hate it, but it has to get done.
- Go to bed. Once a night owl, always a night owl. (do you really need to say night owl, are there any owls that are not night owls? Those crazy day owls.)
- Wash my face at night. I hate to, but if I don't, I pay.
- Hang up clothes. I don't mind washing and folding, but for some reason, I don't like hanging them up!
I realized as I was writing this that there aren't that many do anyways in my life. Either I just enjoy everything I do, or I don't try hard enough to do things I don't like. I'm sure it's the latter, I will work on it and report later!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
- Kevin and Kelly arrived late Friday night.
- Saturday morning we went down to the markets in the Strip District (thanks Natalie for the tip)
- Ate pizza, meat on a stick and snow cones from Strip District vendors.
- Came home and got the spread ready for the game. Spread included sandwiches on homemade bread, baked beans, buffalo chicken dip, strawberries and cookies.
- Watched BYU smoosh Arizona 20-7.
- Sunday we went to church, had naps and included Kevin and Kelly in our normal watching of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
- Monday we went to Primanti Bros on Kevin and Kelly's way out of town.
Overall it was a very fun weekend, with lots of good food and lots of relaxing! I hope they will come back soon!