Here's October in quick review:
- Luke was born on Oct. 10th. He weighed in at 8 lbs 9 ounces. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he is now up to 10 lbs 4 ounces and he has grown an inch in three weeks. He is in the 97th percentile for height!
- Roger was off work the whole next week after Luke was born. We loved having him around (he will disagree, he hated playing Mr. Mom, but he did a great job!)
- My parents came to town the next week to meet the baby and reconnect with the girls. We again had a great time. The girls ran my mom ragged...it really wasn't much of a vacation was it mom?
- Ashby celebrated her 6th birthday while my parents were here. She also lost her fourth tooth, luckily right before school pictures. She wanted to go bowling for her birthday and I'm happy to report she came in second out of five in our first game. Ashby was so excited to celebrate her birthday while my mom and dad were here, it meant so much to her, thanks mom and dad.
- We had some fantastic Halloween fun. Avery dressed up as Dorothy and Ashby as a clown. They both had the opportunity to wear their costumes to several functions. They raked in some serious loot while trick-or-treating. Unfortunately because I was checked out of life, I didn't do some of the traditional fall things that I love to do. We didn't even carve pumpkins (all you mandated court reporters, please spare us...)
Now for the heap of pictures.
Avery with Luke, maybe this is why she isn't head over heels for him like Ashby is... he cries a lot.
We like to start a million projects at once. Roger and my dad tiled our entry way while my parents were in town. I couldn't go through another winter with carpet, it was wet for five months straight. Doesn't it look awesome?
Ashby, Grandma, Avery and Grandpa
Ashby with her cake of choice. She always chooses Halloween stuff for her birthday, easy for me, but I wonder how much longer that will last.
Sweet six year old Ashby with her missing teeth.
Ashby and Avery bowling, yeah we don't know how to take pictures in a dark place, sorry.
We took a trip to the Carnegie Science Museum. Ashby bouncing her legs away.
Avery doing some serious construction work in the ball place.
Avery (not so sure about Luke), Luke and Ashby.