Not that I don't like reading what I'm looking forward to about having a new baby, but since he's here now I thought it would be time to update my top five. I've been terrible about getting into the holiday spirit this year. Thanksgiving just kind of snuck up on me and now it's over and I didn't really do or feel anything about it. Sad huh? I'm determined to not let that happen with Christmas. I love Christmas and there are so many wonderful things to enjoy about this time of year, here are my top five or six this time:
1. Having a chance to show appreciation to those around me that I love and that do so much for me throughout the year.
2. The way Christmas lights look inside your house when they are the only sources of light. I used to put lights in my window when I was a kid and I loved falling asleep to the soft light of Christmas lights.
3. Christmas makes me feel seriously crafty. I do so enjoy it. Why is it though that crafting can seem so expensive? Aren't homemade gifts supposed to be cheaper than store bought? I guess leave it to the wal-mart to make everything so cheap it's hard to outdo them (not that I have a problem with that, but still...)
4. Teaching my kids the value of doing something for others less fortunate than us. Christmas time is also a good time of year to tell my kids over and over again that no we don't NEED anymore toys and that we should be grateful for what we already have.
5. I really, really love Christmas movies. My favorite is definitely Elf. I laugh so hard every time I see it, it's so great!
6. Yep, I'm adding one more. It's my blog and I can do what I want... Having the chance for about a month to really think about the Savior and remember what he did for me, I don't remember often enough at other times of year.
I hope everyone will enjoy their holiday season. Happy Holidays!