Wednesday, December 17, 2008
On a more positive note, I am very excited that it's almost Christmas. It's so fun having kids who are so excited, it makes me all the more excited. I can't wait until Roger and Ashby are off work and school next week, I'm ready for some serious family togetherness!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Man I love this kid, look at that face!
I was so happy to get a fairly good picture of all the kids. I love it when older siblings hold the baby, it's so cute. I love all those faces!
I also took Luke to the doctor today for his two month check up. I can't believe how fast time flies. He was over 25 inches and weighed 12 lbs 12 oz. Does it ever get any easier to see your children get their shots?
Here's a video of Luke that I took last week. Mostly for the benefit of my mom, but it's very cute all the same!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
1. Having a chance to show appreciation to those around me that I love and that do so much for me throughout the year.
2. The way Christmas lights look inside your house when they are the only sources of light. I used to put lights in my window when I was a kid and I loved falling asleep to the soft light of Christmas lights.
3. Christmas makes me feel seriously crafty. I do so enjoy it. Why is it though that crafting can seem so expensive? Aren't homemade gifts supposed to be cheaper than store bought? I guess leave it to the wal-mart to make everything so cheap it's hard to outdo them (not that I have a problem with that, but still...)
4. Teaching my kids the value of doing something for others less fortunate than us. Christmas time is also a good time of year to tell my kids over and over again that no we don't NEED anymore toys and that we should be grateful for what we already have.
5. I really, really love Christmas movies. My favorite is definitely Elf. I laugh so hard every time I see it, it's so great!
6. Yep, I'm adding one more. It's my blog and I can do what I want... Having the chance for about a month to really think about the Savior and remember what he did for me, I don't remember often enough at other times of year.
I hope everyone will enjoy their holiday season. Happy Holidays!