Saturday, June 28, 2008

The ultimate Kid's Day

The Worth family celebrates Kid's Day every year on June 25th. This year we celebrated two days late, but had an excellent reason for the delay. Roger's company holds a summer family party every year and this year it was at Kennywood. What better way to celebrate Kid's day than at the amusement park? It was our first trip there and we had the best time. It was a little hot, but other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The girls couldn't get enough of Kiddieland and I couldn't get enough of watching them have fun on the rides. I was so shocked with Ashby. Right when we got there she wanted to go on the roller coasters that she saw. Kennywood has a number of old wooden roller coasters and Ashby wanted to go on every one. I kind of thought she would be too scared to try, but she sure showed me. Roger and Ashby had a great time going on all the big rides. Roger said she would throw her arms in the air to go down the hills. She really wanted to go on the Phantom's Revenge (the biggest steel coaster they have) but she was an inch too short. She was so disappointed. I looked and her and wondered where in the world she came from, I couldn't believe it. By the way, have you ever gone to an amusement park and not been able to ride any of the rides? It wasn't so great...it was hard to see all the cool rides I'd never been on and not go. But I guess it's important to stay healthy, right?

I really was a poor photographer. It's also really hard to take pictures of kids on rides!

Here's Ashby and Avery waiting for the plane ride to begin.


Avery on the Whippersnapper. It was this ride that goes in an oval, but it would whip them around the corners. Roger and I have never laughed so hard as we did watching the girls. They loved it so much. I know the picture is blurry, but can you see the joy on Avery's face?



And of course, the traditional Kid's Day carousel ride. This was the carousel in Kiddieland, but they also rode the big carousel.



Avery living it up on the big carousel, she's looks like she's having so much fun.

Even though I couldn't go on that many rides, there were certainly some that were my speed in Kiddieland. Here's the three of us on the Turtle Chase. Yep, I know, I look like I barely fit, you can stop pointing and laughing now.

Kid's Day would not be complete without a treat of your choice. The girls both chose Rainbow Ice Dippin' Dots. Disgusting.... have you ever tried them? They freeze to your tongue, not something I enjoy.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

It sure does look like they had loads of fun. Good job. And, yes, that kind of thing does stink when you can't participate in any of it. Sorry!:(

Kelly Jo said...

Love all the facial expressions, especially the dippin dot one! Avery looks like she's not so sure about that first carousel. . :) Glad you had fun!!

Mandy said...

Fun! I love that whip ride too. I don't do so well on rides anymore unless I bring the Ibuprophen along. My favorites are the Gemini and Blue Streak (at least I think that's what it was called). Do they still have both?

Sorry you couldn't ride. You'll have to go back! That picture of Avery is priceless, even blurry.