Summer has been lazy and fun so far. We've been sleeping in and really not doing too much except for spending time together and spending time outside. The only thing that's really been on my mind lately is baby, baby, baby. Maybe it has something to do with my expanding waistline. Wait, did I say waistline? I no longer have one of those so I guess I can just refer to that area as my large, round midsection. That gets the point across, right? It is definitely time for a new top five. I actually break out in a cold sweat when I think about having a baby. Avery will be four when the new baby is born and I'm almost positive I will have forgotten everything and it will be just as frustrating as the first time. I am excited though and that's the new top five.
Top five reasons I can't wait to have our new baby here:
1. You gotta admit how much you love that new baby cry. Yes it can cause panic and fear, but really it's so much cuter than a toddler wail.
2. They have such little toes and fingers, I can't get enough of 'em.
3. I actually am really looking forward to the chance to teach the girls how to take care of a baby. I always wanted a baby brother, my girls will have that chance. They are both old enough now that hopefully they will appreciate the new experiences a baby brings.
4. Roger and I both absolutely love holding a sleeping newborn. It's so great how they curl right up on your chest and go to sleep, I can't wait.
5. The joy of having a sweet new spirit here to take care of makes all the thoughts of sleepless nights, breastfeeding, diaper changes and spit up worth it!