Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Name it and win it and beginnings

The girls insisted on having their hair straightened today. I was hoping to have a few more years before they hated the way their hair was, but it looks like it's beginning already. I know I always hated my curls. Still do, well I don't really have that many curls anymore, just waves which is really, really annoying.


A change is kind of nice sometimes, they look so cute huh?


I saw the idea for this project a little while ago and thought I would try it out. What good is something though if people don't know what it is? So here's the thing...if you can name my intended purpose for this item and you want it, I will send it to you. I would also like to hear any alternate uses that people can think of...

This item is about 4 inches by 4 inches.. happy guessing!

8 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Whatever it is - it's really beautiful! I think it's a pin cusion.

And the girls do look cute - but they don't look like themselves! I've never understood all you hair-straighteners. I love curls. But I guess that's because I don't have them. You always want what you don't have.

Kelly Jo said...

I LOVE my curls!!

Ok, my first thought was pin cushion too but I thought that's too easy. Then I thought, it's a sachet, you know those things you put in your drawer, but again, too easy. But that's all I've got. . .

Brynn said...

Hmm I too thought pin cushion.

The girls do look cute. They will end up wanting their hair straightened more often watch out Chels!

Natalie said...

Ha...my first thought was something to stick a tooth in for the tooth fairy - but you would keep that for the girls, wouldn't you? I also thought maybe it was a pillow to put in between your legs at night while you sleep (isn't that more comfy when you are pregnant?? I wouldn't know), but then realized 4 inches wouldn't be much help for that. A baby doll pillow? A really cushy coaster? Something for the coffee table? One of those things with rice in the middle that you put in the microwave and heat up when you have cramps? Maybe not - is that thing on the top metal? Probably wouldn't be compatible with the microwave.

I'm not very good at this game...

Jolie said...

hmmm, I thought I saw little loops for rings. Is it a pillow for wedding rings? I know they are traditionally white, so I might be wrong. It is very beautiful though.

Brekke said...

I'm voting sachet.

Kari said...

I want more clues like, what's it stuffed with? Does the back open? I'm not very creative and my first guesses have been taken (pin cushion, something to put your tooth in for the tooth fairy) so I'm going to say good work and looks beautiful, whatever it is!!!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

What cute girls. They look different with straight hair! I'm with you. I've always hated my curls. I've probably spent 1/4 of my entire life straightening my hair. But I always love curly hair on other people. Anyway, I'm guessing it's a ring pillow.