Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Weekend of great theater



Friday night Roger and I were able to go to Midland, PA to watch Reed (Roger's nephew) in a production of 42nd Street. It was so amazing. He was so amazing. We went to the same place to see him in Cats and I really enjoyed this one more. (both were great, of course) Reed is truly so talented and I count myself very lucky to get to see him perform.


A very pleasant side effect from 42nd street was that we got to see Richard and Nancy and their family as well as Grant and Margaret who were in town to see the play. It was very fun to have Richard and Nancy stay with us. I don't think I saw our kids almost the whole weekend, they were very busy with Naomi. Of course I forgot to take pictures, but we had a great time!


The other theatrical event (I use the term loosely) we witnessed was our ward's primary program. When Ashby was younger I couldn't wait until she was primary age just so that I could see her in the program. Believe me, she didn't disappoint. You know how there's always that kid that sings louder than every one else and slightly off tune? You know how there's always that other kid who picks their nose while on the stand? Well I am very happy to report that she was both of those kids! I attribute the loud off key singing to her age. She did know all the words at least, but she doesn't quite understand things like key and pitch (wait, I don't either....). She had several lines that she memorized and said almost perfectly. She had the first speaking part in the program, she did great. She loves all of the primary songs and knew them all quite well. It was so fun to see her doing something that she loves. I look forward to many years of fantastic primary programs! I didn't get a picture of her on Sunday so this will have to do.

3 comments:

Jolie said...

What fun... I wish we could have made it for this one! Glad everybody had a great time!

Brittany said...

I am so excited for Grace to be in the primary program. This last program I was trying to help the chorister while Jamie was battling with our children. Then Jamie took Sarah out and Grace refused to go with him and just sad very loud "I want my mommy!" So I waved her over and she spent the rest of the meeting with me. So needless to say I hope next year is a little bit better!

Alisha said...

Woah... no denying Reed is a Worth!!!