Monday, September 10, 2007

The big first day



Ashby had her first day of preschool today. The school district we live in has a K4 program. They test children early in the summer to see who will qualify. We had her tested and she didn't fit the requirements. Normally this program has been for kids who may already be behind or who are at risk for being so. However the principal of the program applied for more funding to add another K4 class. They were approved and we were accepted. I was hesitant at first because of the cliche of a head start type program (how vain am I?) However, the program is free and well established. She couldn't be more excited about it. It almost feels like elementary school to us. She will be riding the bus as soon as they get all the bugs worked out. She is so excited; I am so nervous! Our kids will not have to ride the bus when they start elementary school, we live 8 houses down. I wasn't ready for the possibility of a bus ride for her! She will love it and she is so good, I really shouldn't worry. She had a great first day and can't wait to go back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

Look how grown up she looks!! I bet she is having so much fun. Yay for preschool!!

Brittany said...

Our kids are getting so big! Ashby will love school I'm sure!