Monday, June 25, 2007

Kid's Day 2007

I tried my hardest to make today a good kid's day, but I don't think it turned out as good as I would have liked, or as good as kid's day in the past. Anyway, here's what we did.





First was a trip to the park. They rather enjoyed the tire swing. It was hot. Actually the first task of kid's day was for me to bite my tongue when they chose their clothes. Flowers and leopard print, really?



Second, was lunch. I let them choose where to go and of course any kid would choose McDonald's. Thank goodness for the Asian chicken salad and the dollar menu, it makes it bearable for me!










Then on to the carousel. The girls had a great time on it, I wanted to throw up a little bit!













Next was the play place at the mall. It worked out pretty well since it was just down the hall from the carousel. The girls enjoyed climbing on Big Bird and I enjoyed watching a lovely interpretive dance from Ashby and some running around and posing from Avery.






And last, was a few episodes of The Pink Panther. I took them to Hollywood Video today and they chose the classic collection of Pink Panther cartoons. They had seen a few episodes on TV quite a while ago, but I wasn't sure how much they would like it. Surprisingly enough they really enjoyed it. They were very very tired though. Cute little kids!

All in all it wasn't too bad of a day. I look forward to fun kid's days in the future. What's the one thing that would have made kid's day even better? Roger. He's in Orlando for work and we missed him lots!

3 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

I think Orlando would have been a wonderful location for Kid's Day for everyone. . .hello, it's the happiest place on earth. . .Disneyworld!!!
Chelsea, you just need to open your mind to the idea of floral and animal prints coming together to make a perfect ensemble.
Looks like you guys had lots of fun! We miss you!!

Nancy Sabina said...

Ahhh - no wonder it wasn't a fun Kids Day! No Daddy always means no FUN! (for Mommy anyway)

Anonymous said...

Chelsea sounds like you guys had fun that is a good idea I will have to remember that when the kids get a bit older.