Thursday, September 10, 2009

What I read

My friend Kim asked me to put up a list of books that I've read on my blog. I debated about doing it for a couple of reasons. Mostly because I'm a little embarrassed about the books I read and they probably aren't blog worthy. With that in mind probably don't take my list too seriously. I haven't been able to think of a new top five for a long time, so it's time to retire it. Although I do like remembering that I shouldn't get any fatter this year when I see my blog (I know it doesn't seem like I should need my blog to remind me, but there's something about seeing that sentence on the internets that makes me not want to refute it). I'll start the list with books I've read recently or some that I really liked. I'm also kind of a neurotic or obsessive reader. Once I find an author that I like, I don't rest until I've read almost all their books. I'm weird like that, but I've found some gems that way too. I'd love to hear if you've read any of these books and what you thought... Happy reading!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Well, you know I love The Hunger Games. But I haven't read any of your other picks! I've read one book by Lois Lowry (although at the moment I can't remember the title) but I wasn't a fan. Maybe I should give him another shot.

On an only-slightly-related note, I just saw a preview for The Lovely Bones - a book they're apparently turning into a movie. I put that book at the very top of my Stupidest-Books-Ever list. Gah! So dumb! Hated it!

Natalie said...

I've read My Sister's Keeper and BAWLED at the end of it. The kind of crying where I was gasping for air and my face was red and puffy for at least 2 hours afterward. And then I promptly called my sister to tell her I loved her.

I read Julie & Julia this summer...I randomly picked it up in a bookstore in Charlottesville, VA while on vacation and then realized they made it into a movie. I also saw the movie and, surprisingly, I thought the movie was (for once!) more enjoyable than the book. It is about two of my favorite topics, though - blogging and food!

No Harry Potter on the list?? ;)

-kim said...

yay for a reading list! i have heard good things about edgar sawtelle...that is next for me at the library. you should try the giver by lois lowry..chris and i really liked that one.

i was mentioned in your blog!!

Mandy said...

All right. I need more information! I think I'm scared of modern novels. (Time is often a factor too, but really, I can devour a book in a day or two.) I would love to hear more about your top picks--something I don't have to be afraid of and might really enjoy!