Thursday, January 8, 2009

It was the most wonderful time of the year...

There were baked goods to make (cookie cake, it's Santa can you tell?)

(cherry pie courtesy of Roger, nice work huh?)

Christmas Eve pajama pants to wear along with rain boots for spreading reindeer food outside before bed,
presents to open,

weddings to celebrate (Roger's little sister Karen and her husband Jared, yeah!),
dancing to do (cousin Kyle and Ashby),
more dancing to do,

and still more dancing to do (Aunt Stephanie and Avery),

and being really tired but making it to midnight on New Year's Eve!

We had such a great holiday filled with so many fun things. We slept in until 10 almost every morning. The girls had so much fun swimming at the hotel in Ohio with their cousins while we were there for the wedding. Roger and I stayed up way too late with my in laws, but didn't regret a minute of it. The only thing I could have wished for during this Christmas break was to see my family. I love you guys and I miss you a lot. I was so sad to go back to real life this week. Real life means walking Ashby to school in the bitter cold and losing Roger to busy season. But I can't help but think about how blessed we are and how fortunate we are to begin another year in good health. I am looking forward to this year as a chance to improve our lives a little each day.

7 comments:

Brynn said...

I am glad you had a good holiday! We missed you here in Utah too (I know we aren't family but hey we still miss you!) Hope real life goes good.

Jill said...

Chels, that Santa cookie is fantastic! Your girls are precious! Was Luke hiding out on Christmas Eve? JK, his blessing pix are adorable!!! I am so glad you guys have a boy now!!!

Kelly Jo said...

man we already missyou guys!!

Kari Cole said...

Love you guys!!- I think I write that on every comment I post. But, it's honestly the first thing that comes to mind every time I check your blog! We sure miss you- glad to see you enjoyed the season.

Jolie said...

I've been waiting for somebody to post at least one picture of Karen's wedding! Thank you! Glad to hear eveybody is healthy and happy in 2009!

Windy said...

mmmm that cookie and pie look yummy...It looks like you had a fun time. I hope your 2009 is as good as your 2008 was.

Kim said...

Doesn't real life kind of stink sometimes? It is always a little disappointing after the holidays end... and I can relate to you about the bitter cold - hate it.