- Getting out of debt. Unfortunately this isn't going as well as I would like. Don't get me wrong, it's not really any worse, just not as good. See the problem is that I like to go out to eat, way too much. It's gets me into trouble. Roger and I were talking the other day and we think we are doing better than we were a year ago and as it stands today, I haven't been out to eat this week (hey, come on, I'm into small milestones OK?)
- getting healthy. I really wanted to lost 40 lbs this year and so far I'm up 10. That could be because I'm pregnant though and not really because I'm that unhealthy. Granted I could be doing better, I have such a sweet tooth, but I'm feeling recommitted to working hard at health, because not only do I benefit, but so does the new baby.
- Gardening. If I had to sum our garden up in one word it would be hilarious. Wait you don't associate humor with your garden? Well then you must be doing something right. We were so excited that we planted way too much stuff in a really small space. Did you know that zucchini plants get HUGE? They have taken over everything. They are almost as bad as the cantaloupe. It's like a rapidly spreading virus or something, it's everywhere. I was going to take a picture, but it's really too embarrassing to share. I will however, share this photo of our first zucchini, I think I let them get too big, but they'll be alright. Yes, Avery, they make me a little nervous too.
- Being prepared. This is actually going better than I thought. I managed to get our 72 hour kits together. I just need to rotate them now. I also got this cool plan for building up to a three month food storage. We also started a canning class at church. So far we have only made strawberry jam and man it's good. I haven't done that much canning so I'm really excited about learning as much as I can about it.
- Building a strong family. It's always hard to tell how that's going, but we are healthy, happy and trying our best to spend good quality family time together.
How are your resolutions going?