Laziness=crankiness, depression, obesity, filthiness, boredom, etc, etc.
So, you see the problem? With this characteristic on my mind, I decided to make 2008 the year of working hard. I'm not fool enough to try and set new year's resolutions that are completely the opposite of what I am. That will never work. So what I had in mind was doing things all throughout the year that will help me change my lifestyle into one I want.
Here are the top five things I will be working hard on this year:
- getting out of debt. It will be impossible to get completely out of debt this year, but I'm going to make as much progress as possible. I think that will mean getting a job, and I'm cool with that. I will also be better about managing finances, poor management is what started all the problems
- getting healthy. I've lost small amounts of weight in the past, but my approach is different this time. I think I'm kidding myself by thinking I can lose all the weight I want to in the next four months. What I really want to do is slowly change my lifestyle to be healthier, with the intention and expectation that the changes will stick.
- gardening. We have never gardened before and I know it will require a lot of work. Since I'm lazy I can see that the work needed won't get done, unless I really try. So that's what I'm going to do.
- being prepared. I have learned recently that things go much better when I'm well prepared. This extends into several different things, here are a few: food storage, church callings, family home evening and 72 hour kits.
- building a strong family. I don't need to elaborate too much, we all know what's out there, the only way to combat is to build a strong family. I will do this by making our home a home of peace, refuge and love.
I'm excited about this year. Every year is another year to make progress and do better than the year before. 2008 is going to be a great year.