I thought it was high time for another top five. I was thinking I was going to do one about fall, because I seriously love it, but I've been thinking about this topic a bit lately. There were so many things I wanted to be when I grew up. When I grew up (got to college) I couldn't get serious about any of them. It frustrates me a little that I didn't have the ambition to become any of the things on my list. It's never too late though, right?
I also got a kick out of thinking about each different thing I wanted to be. I went through so many phases where I was determined that I was going to be one thing or another and it's fun to think about those times. Being a mother was never something I wanted to be when I grew up. I always just figured I would, but I didn't think about it that much. I am always envious of women who knew and know that's what they always wanted to be. I am so grateful now that I am a mother; I think it's working out pretty well!
Top five things I wanted to be when I grew up (in no particular order):
1. Paleontologist, who didn't go through a dinosaur phase?
2. Archaeologist, I got so obsessed with ancient Egypt.
3. Professional dancer, unfortunately I don't have enough skill, but it was always a desire to make a career from what I love doing.
4. Doctor, I didn't ever know what kind, but I wanted to all the same.
5. Research biologist, I wanted to discover the cure for cancer or AIDS.
It's really not too late for some of those professions, I'll be a mom first though. I hope I don't ever lose sight of things that used to interest me. One day I'll be able to give these passions more time...
What did/do you want to be?