I was tagged by my friend Alisha on Wednesday. That means that I'm supposed to write six interesting things about myself. I've been racking my brain to figure out something that maybe everyone who knows me doesn't know, but so far I'm coming up blank. Alisha is harassing me to write it... so here goes nothing!
1. I started taking dance lessons when I was 8. The studio I danced at changed ownership right before I started high school so I stopped taking classes. However, I was then a member of the Cottonwood High School Dance Company, so really I didn't stop dancing regularly until I was 18. I have so many great memories of dance. I feel so torn about it now as a mother. My mom spent so much time and money for me to dance and sometimes I really, really hated it. I am so grateful now, but I don't know how much I would push my girls to dance if they didn't want to. I probably wouldn't and then would regret it. Neither girl is enrolled in dance now, but it's really something I would like both of them to try.
2. My memory is really, really good; about some things. For example, I can remember that my junior high friend Jessica Freed's birthday is on April 21st. I haven't spoken to her since probably 1997. However, I can't remember any grammar rules or what I learned in eighth grade French class.
3. I used to loathe the color pink. I don't so much anymore, but it's still not my favorite. Part of the loathing was probably that I didn't want to appear to be girly at all, it wasn't something I was very comfortable with. I knew lots and lots of girly girls and I just didn't think it was for me. I realize now that even though I didn't feel like I was one of them, there were better ways to deal with it than to despise the poor color pink!
4. I grew up in Utah, minutes from the canyons and I'm a terrible, I mean really truly horrible skier. I took lessons through the school in eighth and ninth grade and I was the worst in the class both years.
5. I've never stayed up for 24 hours before. My friends and I would try to pull all nighters when I was younger, but I couldn't ever stay up for the entire 24 hours. Ask anyone who knows me, I need my sleep!
6. I learned last week that I like to sew. I've had a sewing machine for a while now and haven't used it much. I was doing a very simple project last week (making bags for school kits) and I realized that I liked it. I felt amazed at what I could create when I was sewing. I know my abilities (they are few) when it comes to sewing, so I think that if I stay within those boundaries and learn a little more at a time, that I could probably make myself a good little hobby!
This kind of turned into a trip down memory lane . I figure that the people I am friends with now, probably don't know much about my childhood anyway, so it's ok...right?
I think I'm supposed to tag some people too, so here goes (you can send me all the hate mail you want, just do it!) All you Virginians are it.... Kelly Worth, Nancy Worth, Margaret Worth and Kim Ellsworth!